It is like waking up to a refreshing morning with comforting flavors of Indian spices (cumin & pepper), crunchy super-seed mix and creamy curd to round out the flavor.
Millet Raabdi – The name ‘Raabdi‘ should not be confused with ‘Rabdi‘ which is a sweet dish of North India.
Raabdi is a traditional savory porridge from Rajasthan made with pearl millet and sour curd.
OGMO Millet Raabdi has one of the healthy millet variety as the base – Little millet (Samai) and is flavored with cumin powder, black pepper powder. The savory mix is also power packed with super seeds such as Chia and pumpkin seeds.
OGMO mixes are amazing, but here’s is a way to convert them for an even easier breakfast or anytime snack!
This smoothie comes together in just minutes.
It’s a meal you can drink on the go!
You can make it both ways, instant and overnight meal.
Instant Millet Raabdi Smoothie:
- Cut and pour satchet content in a bowl or jar.
- Add about 1 cup of plain water.
- Cover and keep it aside for 4-5 minutes.
- Little millet will become soft and absorb all liquid.
- Add 4-5 teaspoons of fresh curd/yogurt and stir well.
- Blend the content in a high power blender into fine paste. Add water to adjust consistency.
- Chia seeds will remain crunchy in instant version.
- Add slightly warm liquid to soften chia seeds and pumpkin seeds.
Millet Raabdi Overnight Smoothie:
Refrigerate the content with jar overnight.
Take it out next morning and blend. Adjust consistency by adding more water or buttermilk in it.
For reaping the benefits of soaking, read here: